Ralph consists of 3 submodules:
Ralph Core (DCIM and CMDB) acts as a base system for Ralph applications. It is the database of Networks, IP Addresses, Racks, and discovered hardware.
- It allows you to:
- scan networks automatically through periodic or manual scans.
- deploy servers by generating appropriate DNS/DHCP configs and uses I/PXE method.
- see relations between Configuration Items using CMDB view interface
- This submodule provides advanced Asset management system which has following features:
- manual inventory system
- can be used alongside Ralph Core discovery using reconciliation technique
- covers complete life cycle of assets from purchase to decommissioning
- gives ability to generate custom defined PDF documents (hardware assignments printouts for example)
- integrated assets license management
- integrated basic hardware support/contracts management
- easy & usable module for generic inventory tasks
Ralph Pricing “Scrooge”¶
- This submodule provides flexible billing and financial reporting subsystem which can:
- calculate TCO of Services using complex utilization of bare metal costs, IT Support work time, virtualization costs
- integrate OpenStack billings with hardware costs
- gather historical data every day to safely inspect trends over time